The XCALLY MOTION WhatsApp Connector Channel allows you to define the WhatsApp Accounts that the Agents, belonging to specific WhatsApp Queues, will use to receive and reply to WhatsApp messages from XCALLY Motion Omni Desktop Interface.
This channel is architecturally structured as a Connector and uses a third-party Solution Provider to manage communication with the WhatsApp application:
- to receive messages from the customer’s number
- to send messages to the customer’s number and notify confirmation of receipt and reading
The interactions can be managed both by the Agent, using the Queue and Agent applications, and by the BOTs, using the AmazonLex and Dialogflow applications.
This is an optional Module available starting from v 2.5.0 and this Section (and all the commands related to it) is available in your menu only if its License has been activated. Remember: the number of WhatsApp sessions that can be handled in parallel by the Agents is determined a priori and cannot be exceeded.
You can exchange only text messages: attachments will be added soon!
In the WhatsApp Section you find:
- WhatsApp Queues: where you can configure all the queues dedicated to WhatsApp sessions, which the Agents can belong to (routing mechanisms, teams management, and so on)
- WhatsApp Accounts: where you must insert all the information needed to configure the capability to send and receive the messages
- WhatsApp Realtime: the monitor realtime board for the WhatsApp activities
- WhatsApp Triggers: how to configure the WhatsApp application automatic operation (you may find it in the Tools Section)
- WhatsApp Providers Setup: how to set up predefined providers in order to send and receive WhatsApp
The WhatsApp Channel allows you to receive and send WhatsApp messages from/to predefined providers, whose list is managed by XCALLY Integration Support Team and is increasing according to market opportunities.
The standard channel working mechanism needs a Motion API to notify a new incoming WhatsApp message that must be saved in the provider configuration.
You can choose among 3 options in order to manage the XCALLY MOTION WhatsApp channel:
- Use the public https://chat.xcallymotion.com Proxy in order to route the WhatsApp messages from the customer via solution provider to your XCALLY MOTION server
- Deploy your own Proxy (let’s say chat.yourproxydomain.com) in order to route the WhatsApp messages from the customer via solution provider to your XCALLY MOTION server
- Use your XCALLY MOTION server 443 port and IP address or domain.
When the XCALLY Motion WhatsApp Connector Channel receives a request from that provider, it allows the management of it providing a standard interface (for all types of providers), through which the Agent can manage the WhatsApp interaction transparently as well as any other request (email, chat, sms, and so on).
Until the interaction remains open (and for 24 hrs. maximum), any WhatsApp coming from the same telephone number will be received and managed as belonging to the same interaction. When the Agent closes it, any other WhatsApp coming from the same number will open a new interaction.
WhatsApp Connector interactions will be closed automatically 24 hours after receiving the last message.