You can use Voicemail application to let a caller leave a voice message.
In order to do this, you first have to create a voicemail account that will be associated with the messages.
This section covers topics on how to set up a voicemail account.
Go here for an example on how to access voicemail messages.
You can find the Voicemails section under the Voice menu.
Create a Voicemail
To create a voicemail click the New Voicemail button
Enter the voicemail details:
- Full Name: name associated to the voicemail account
- Email: email associated to the voicemail account
- Password: used to retrieve voice messages
- Mailbox: the account number for the voice mail message
- Attach: set to Yes if you want the voicemail recorded file is attached to to the mail message (default: No)
and click Add Voicemail to confirm.
After the voicemail is created, you can view the voicemail in the list of voicemails. You can edit the voicemail settings and view voicemail messages.
Edit/Modify a Voicemail
Find the voicemail from the voicemails list (you can use the search box on the top-right of the page to filter) and click on Edit Voicemail:
You will find 3 sections: the Settings and the Advance section for configuring the voicemail account and the Messages section where you can find the voice messages.
In the Settings Section, you can edit:
- Full Name
- Context: voice mail context (default: from-voicemail)
In the Advanced Section, you can edit
- Timezone: defines custom timezone. Pick a Country/City pair which is in the same time zone as your location.
- Attach: if set to Yes, the voicemail message is sent to the user as an attachment in an e-mail voicemail notification message.
- Envelope: controls whether or not the message envelope (date/time) is played before playing the voicemail message.
- Delete: if set to Yes, the voicemail message will be deleted from the voicemailbox after having been emailed.
- Email Body: overrides the normal message text seen in the body of a voicemail notification message.
- Email Subject: sets the custom Subject line of the voicemail notification message (the value passed is a string containing the text to put in the Subject line).
- Max Seconds: used to eliminate messages which are shorter than a given amount of time in seconds. If is set to 0 there will be no maximum time limit enforced. The default value is 180.
- Max Messages: sets the maximum number of messages allowed in a voicemail folder. When a mailbox has more than this number of messages in it, the new messages can’t be recorded and vm-mailboxfull is played to the caller. The default value is 100 and max value is 9999.
In the Messages Section, you will find the account’s voicemail messages with information about the caller ID, duration in seconds and received date. You can also play, download or delete voice messages.
To delete a single voicemail, find the voicemail in the voicemails list and click on Delete Voicemail.
To delete multiple voicemails you can select the list of voicemails by marking the checkbox on the left side and then click on Delete button and OK to confirm.
Export list of voicemails
To export list of voicemails in CSV, select the list of voicemails to export by marking the checkbox on the left side and click on the Export button: