The XCALLY MOTION SMS Channel allows you to define the SMS Accounts that the Agents, belonging to specific SMS Queues, will use to send and receive SMS messages from XCALLY Motion Omni Desktop Interface.
In the SMS Section you find:
- SMS Queues: where you can configure all the queues dedicated to SMS sessions, which the Agents can belong to (routing mechanisms, teams management, and so on)
- SMS Accounts: where you must insert all the information needed to configure the capability to send and receive the messages
- SMS Realtime: the monitor realtime board for the SMS activities
- SMS Triggers: how to configure the SMS application automatic operation
- SMS Providers Setup: how to set up predefined providers in order to send and receive SMS
The SMS Channel allows you to receive/send SMS from/to predefined providers, whose list is managed by XCALLY Integration Support Team and is increasing according to market opportunities.
The standard channel working mechanism needs a Motion API to notify a new incoming SMS message that must be saved in the provider configuration.
You can choose among 3 options in order to manage the XCALLY MOTION SMS channel:
- Use the public https://chat.xcallymotion.com Proxy in order to route the SMS messages from the customer via service provider to your XCALLY MOTION server
- Deploy your own Proxy (let’s say chat.yourproxydomain.com) in order to route the SMS messages from the customer via service provider to your XCALLY MOTION server
- Use your XCALLY MOTION server 443 port and IP address or domain.
When the XCALLY Motion SMS Channel receives a request from that provider, it manages it providing a standard interface for all types of providers and the Agent will manage the SMS interaction transparently as well as any other request (mail, chat, and so on).
Until the interaction remains open, any SMS coming from the same telephone number will be received and managed as belonging to the same interaction. When the Agent closes it, any other SMS coming from the same number will open a new interaction.