What is a Global Custom Field?
In the CM section we provide default fields and, in addition to them, we give you the possibility to set your own custom fields, in order to store information relevant for your business.
A global custom field is a contact custom field that is not associated to any list and is visible in all contact view irrespective of the list.
The Global Custom Fields section
Click on Global Custom Fields:
Now you can see all the Global Custom Fields already defined or create new ones:
Create a global custom field
To create a global custom field click on New Custom Fields button and fill the details:
- Alias: name of the global custom field that will be displayed on the contact’s view
- Type: type of the global custom field. You can use one of the following custom field types:
- Text: a simple text input field
- Select: a single choice list. To add the choices for the select, write the text and click enter.
- Number: a number input field
- Switch: toggle switch with values true/false
- Datetime: Date and time picker
- Required: set true if you want to set the global custom field as mandatory
Click Add Custom Field to confirm.
After the custom field is created, you can view, edit or delete it under list of global custom fields.
Now if you add or edit a contact in any list, you will be able to set the global custom field.
Deleting a global custom fields will erase all the related data in the database
Edit a global custom field
Find the global custom field from the global custom field lists, click on Edit Custom Field:
Modify the fields and then click Save.
Delete global custom fields
To delete a global custom field, find the custom field from the list and click on Delete:
To delete multiple gobal custom fields, select multiple custom fields by marking the checkbox on the left side and then click on Delete button (ok to confirm).
Export list of global custom fields
To export list of global custom fields, select the custom fields to export by marking the checkbox on the left side and click on Export button.