What are the Fax Accounts?
With XCALLY Motion you can share a single Fax-box among several agents and use it in a way similar to a voice queue.
XCALLY Motion offers a web client Fax specific for Customer Care needs, where the Agents share all information: what you need to do is just to configure Fax phone numbers, Trunks and Motion accounts, and manage Fax exchange using XCALLY Motion, as well as for the other channels.
The Fax Accounts Section
In this Section you can add New Fax Accounts and manage the existing ones.
Add a New Fax Account
Click on to add a New Fax Account:
and insert the requested values:
- Name: the name of the Fax account
- Key: here you can define a short name (5 char maximum) for this Account that will be shown on the Agents interactions tabs
- Trunk: choose one of the trunks in the list (it must be created before)
- Local Station Identifier: Local station identification text string that identifies the sender to the remote side of the fax transmission
- List: the default List where the new Fax contacts will be saved in the Contacts Manager (see Lists), if it is not already there
- Description: insert here a description (optional)
At the end click on Add Fax Account.
Remember to insert the T.38pt value in the Advanced section of the Trunk (default=no) in order to enable sending and receiving fax, like in the following example:
Edit/Modify a Fax Account
On the FAX Accounts list click on related to the one you want to edit/modify in order to:
- Edit the FAX Account
- Go to Interactions list for the Account
- Go to Realtime environment
- Add Agent to FAX Account
- Delete FAX Accounts
Editing a Fax Account you have a list of Sections:
In this section you can edit and change the values inserted when adding the Fax Account:
You can also add a customized Header Info for the outbound Fax.
The Administrator can customize the notification of a new interaction in order to show to the Agent information about the source, the sender, the recipient queue and so on.
The Setting section of the Notification is under the general settings of a channel account and allows to:
- enable/disable the notification sound
- enable/disable the notification shake effect
- define notification contents and style in the Template section (here you can define which information to show about the specific interaction using XCALLY Motion variables)
Toggle to enable/disable the Agent transfer to a queue or to another agent and set the specific timeout (the time in seconds the message will wait to be accepted before returning back as unread).
If this switch is on, the Agent will be able to Transfer an interaction, like in the following example (queue): click on and then Transfer
In this section you can change the following values:
- ECM: Error Correction Mode (ECM) enable/disable option (default=enabled)
- Min Rate/Max Rate: Minimum/Maximum transfer rate used during fax rate negotiation (default minimum=2400 and maximum=14400)
- Modem: A comma separated list of one or more of the possible values (default value=V17,V27,V29)
- Gateway: enable/disable the server as gateway (default=no)
- Fax Detect: Enable Fax Detect with optional timeout in seconds (Default=no)
- T.38 Timeout: The timeout used for T.38 negotiation (minimum value=1000)
- Technology: Trunk Technology used for outgoing fax (Default=SIP)
Mandatory Disposition: enable it you want the Agent to be forced to dispose the interactions managed and set the Agent pause status to be automatically applied during this operation (default=NO).
When you enable this feature a new field will be displayed: click on the field to view all the available pauses and select one.
The Disposition is a label (or a set of labels, maximum in a three level hierarchy) that can be applied to each interaction record in order to better describe it.
For example, an Agent who has managed a call can use a disposition in order to indicate the type or resolution of the call itself, but this can be done for any type of interaction (as email, chat, sms, whatsapp messages, and so on) when this is closed.
By default, the following dispositions are usually available on your system (if your Administrator has not deleted one or more of them) :
- Answer Machine
- Not Interested
but new Dispositions which are more suitable to your organization can be easily created. In the Tools- Dispositions section the Administrator can add global dispositions available for all the environment, in addition to specific dispositions that can be created for specific environments (as lists, channel accounts and websites)
To create a specific environment disposition, click on New Disposition and enter the details:.
- Name: name of the disposition that will be displayed for agents managing contacts in this list
- Description (optional)
- First Level Disposition (optional): choose, from among the dispositions already present on the system, a disposition to which this refers in a two-level hierarchical relationship
- Second Level Disposition (Optional): choose, from among the dispositions already present on the system, a disposition to which this refers in a three-level hierarchical relationship
Click Save to confirm. After the disposition is created, you can view, edit or delete it (in the List of Dispositions)
Multi level dispositions You have the possibility to create multiple level (maximum 2) for each disposition:
In the example shown in the image above, when Agents close and dispose an interaction they can choose a single level or a multi-level disposition (for example the combination # 1 # 5 # 7 or the combination # 1 # 5 # 6)
In this section you should define the Actions for the Fax account to be executed by adding applications, working rules and intervals:
In this section you can find the list of the Fax interactions occurred on the Account:
Interactions log files Interactions history is saved in files which are specific per channel.
You can filter the interaction list by Start Date, Read/Unread, Status (Open/Closed), Website, Agent, Tags:
or use the button to activate the Advanced Search and select a field to be matched with a value among a list of all those available.
When you click this button, the system will show you the input form:
Now do the following:
- Select the Field (scroll the list of all the available search fields)
- Select the Operator among those available (eg.: equals, contains, starts with, and so on)
- Select or insert the Value
Add the Condition (click on )
To add more than one condition, repeat the operation, like in the following example:
and choose whether the conditions must all be met:
or at least one of them:
When you finish, click on the button in order to start the search: the query is executed and all the items that match the conditions inserted are shown.
If you want to delete the advanced search condition inserted click on the single search condition button to delete it or click on the button in order to delete all the conditions set at once.
On this form it is possible to:
- modify a condition set: click on a set condition and press Edit
now change the condition as you like(field, operator, value)
- temporarily disable the search condition: click on the set condition and press Disable:
and enable it again
When an advanced search selection is active As long as the search conditions are operational, the Advanced Search button will notify it by changing its color (light blue on a white background) and blinking The Advanced Search conditions will search all the List of the available entries, regardless of any filter applied to the list view using the above mentioned filters:
On this list, you can select one or more mail interactions and download the information about them in a CSV file (click on the corresponding checkbox and then on the icon ) or delete them (click on the corresponding checkbox and then on the trash bin ):
On the single interaction, the Supervisor can use the three dots command menu in order to:
- Spy the interaction and eventually insert a secret note in the interaction that the agent will be able to see
- Download a zip file containing the transcript of the interaction
- Delete the interaction
Add Agent to FAX Account
On the FAX Accounts list you can add Agents in two ways:
- select the FAX Account and click on , than choose the menu entry Add Agent to FAX Account:
- edit the Fax Account and than click on the add menu button:
and select the agents from the list:
If the agents are not added to the SMS Account, they will not be able to see the interactions exchanged in this account interactions list.
Add Agents Remember to add the selected Agents to any new Account you create!